Free AIMMS Community Edition
The Free AIMMS Community Edition is an unrestricted AIMMS Developer license for anyone to use AIMMS at no charge. You can use our modeling environment with its friendly IDE and all the extensive capabilities for model diagnostics, data connectivity, web application building and visualization, advanced algorithmic capabilities, data and case management features, and more.
Open source solvers CBC and IPOPT included
Compared to the commercial AIMMS Developer License and the Free AIMMS Academic License, the AIMMS Community Edition only includes access to the open source solvers CBC (for linear and mixed-integer problems), and IPOPT (for nonlinear problems), as well as the AOA solver for (mixed-integer nonlinear problems). This means you can use the AIMMS Community Edition to solve any linear, mixed-integer or nonlinear problem, although the performance will, in general, not be comparable to the commercial solvers that come with commercial and academic AIMMS licenses. To incorporate data uncertainty in your models, you can use the included options for Scenario Analysis and Stochastic Programming.
Qualified for the free Academic License?
If you are working or studying at an academic institution, you may prefer to request our Free AIMMS Academic License, which includes unrestricted free access to world-class commercial solvers such as CPLEX, CP Optimizer, CONOPT, and ODH-CPLEX, instead of the open source solvers offered through the AIMMS Community Edition.
You can request your free AIMMS Community Edition license through the registration form below. Once you have registered, you will receive license details and download instructions, as illustrated in the run through of the entire registration and installation process.
Eligibility and use conditions for the AIMMS Community Edition
- The AIMMS Community Edition is available to anyone for personal usage.
- The AIMMS Community Edition is not available to citizens of a E.U. or U.S. embargoed country or when used in violation of any E.U. or U.S. export law or regulation
- AIMMS shall have no liability or obligation arising from or with respect to use of the AIMMS Community Edition
- The AIMMS Community Edition may not be used for any commercial deployment or paid services; it is restricted to personal development use only.
- The AIMMS Community Edition will update automatically whenever you use it; if you stop using it, the license will expire after 6 months.
- The AIMMS Community Edition can only be used when connected to the internet and on a regular desktop/laptop using Windows OS.
- AIMMS will collect usage statistics of all issued AIMMS Community Edition licenses.
- The AIMMS Community Edition allows the usage of all Feature Releases and bugfixes of AIMMS that are available for download.
- AIMMS reserves the right to terminate an issued AIMMS Community Edition license and/or change the AIMMS Community Edition license offering without notice at any time.
- AIMMS reserves the right to send you relevant product news to help you make the best use of the AIMMS Community Edition. This includes information about new features and support resources.
- AIMMS reserves the rights to adjust the license terms and conditions of the AIMMS Community Edition license at any time. No rights can be obtained from previous granted rights.
- The AIMMS Community Edition is subject to the AIMMS Community Edition License Agreement.